Greek Black Eyed Peas Vegan Meatballs
You’ll be able to create probably the most scrumptious plant-based “meatballs” ever with this scrumptious recipe for Greek Black Eyed Peas Vegan Meatballs. All it’s essential do is combine up pulses (beans, lentils, peas), grains, nuts, seeds, and seasonings, then form into balls, and bake till they’re golden and scrumptious.
One of the best vegan meatballs
The inspiration for these vegan meatballs is within the Greek culinary custom of keftedes—meatballs typically served with French fries and a salad or as a part of a meze (appetizer) platter. I skipped the meat and changed it with hearty black-eyed peas (I had probably the most superb black-eyed pea dish in Greece years in the past which helped impressed this recipe!), together with nut meal, flax seeds, and pink onions. The tastes of the Mediterranean are highlighted on this dish with dates, sun-dried tomatoes, and Greek herbs. These Greek vegan meatballs are paired with a vivid lemony tahini dip.
What are black eyed peas?
Black eyed peas recipes are wealthy in protein and fiber, making them a superb protein various. Plus, the flax seeds and nut meal (additionally known as nut flour) present an additional dose of fiber and protein, together with wholesome fat. That is the right solution to do Meatless Monday, or match in additional plant-based meals throughout the week. You’ll be able to even use these vegan meatballs in sauces over pasta or with a wealthy mushroom gravy.
Find out how to eat vegan meatballs
Serve these Greek Black Eyed Peas Vegan Meatballs at your vacation desk or social gathering for a meatless various, or for a easy, rustic meal served with roasted potato wedges and a crisp salad. The veggie meatballs are additionally wonderful heated up over the following few days. You’ll be able to even make a giant batch and freeze extras for simple meals on busy nights.
Watch me make this recipe on my Instagram video here.
Comply with together with me as I make this recipe for Chef AJ’s reside cooking present in my very own kitchen here.
These savory little Greek Black Eyed Peas Vegan Meatballs are crammed with the Mediterranean flavors of black-eyed peas, herbs, dates, and sun-dried tomatoes—served with a tangy Tahini Lemon Sauce.
- 1 medium pink onion, chopped into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 small tender dates, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup recent parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch sea salt (optionally available)
- ¼ cup floor flax seeds
- ½ cup entire wheat breadcrumbs (might use gluten-free)
- ½ cup nut meal (i.e., almond meal, hazelnut meal, or peanut meal)
- 1 giant lemon, juiced
- 2 (15-ounce cans) black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained (or 3 ½ cups cooked)
Tahini Lemon Sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 giant lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Water, as wanted
- Smoked paprika
- Within the container of a food processor, place pink onion, garlic, dates, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, fennel seeds, oregano, black pepper, and salt (optionally available). Course of till finely chopped.
- Add flax seeds, breadcrumbs, nut flour, and lemon juice to meals processor, and course of till mixed.
- Add black-eyed peas to meals processor, and course of simply till the peas are mashed, however not pureed. Could must pause and scrape down sides.
- Take away combination from meals processor and refrigerate for half-hour.
- In the meantime, make Tahini Lemon Sauce by whisking collectively tahini with lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper. Add sufficient water to make a easy sauce, in keeping with your required texture. (A thicker sauce is preferable served on the aspect with appetizer vegan meatballs, whereas a thinner sauce is preferable served on prime of an entrée serving of vegan meatballs.) Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Roll into about 40 small balls (about 1 1/2-inches to 2-inches in diameter) together with your fingers, and place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Place on prime rack of the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes, till vegan balls are cooked by means of and golden brown on floor.
- Serve with Tahini Lemon Sauce.
- Make 8 servings (5 vegan meatballs + 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 45 minutes
- Class: Dinner
- Delicacies: Greek, Mediterranean, American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 254
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 415 mg
- Fats: 9 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 10 g
Key phrases: vegan meatballs, vegan meatballs recipe, how one can cook dinner meatballs, meatballs in oven, how lengthy to bake meatballs, greatest vegan meatballs, how one can cook dinner black eyed peas, are black eyed peas beans, how lengthy to cook dinner black eyed peas
For different veggie balls recipes, strive a few of my favourite recipes:
White Bean Sage Vegan Meatballs with Pomegranate Mandarin Sauce
Golden Beet Vegan Meatballs with Almond Sage Cranberry Crema
This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data click on right here.