Straightforward Cajun Seasoning Recipe – I Breathe I am Hungry
Cajun Seasoning provides a pleasant kick to hen, seafood, pork, and so many greens. There’s no must buy it on the retailer although, you may make this scrumptious Cajun spice mix simply at residence with objects you seemingly have already got in your spice cupboard!
For those who’re conversant in Cajun Seasoning and all of the purposes for it then be at liberty to leap to the recipe. For these of you who aren’t certain what it’s or use it, I’ll put slightly info under.
Desk of Contents
What’s Cajun seasoning?
It’s a spicy seasoning mix that’s standard down in Louisiana, sometimes called “Cajun Nation” as a result of it’s the place many Canadian French (additionally known as “Cajuns” or “Cadjins”) settled across the 18th century. Cajun seasoning is broadly utilized in Cajun cooking to taste conventional components like crawfish, shrimp, and sausage – in addition to many vegetable and rice dishes.
Is it the identical as Creole seasoning?
Not precisely. A few of the components are the identical, however in Creole seasoning you’ll sometimes additionally discover much more herbs than a basic cajun spice mix, which depends extra on numerous peppers to offer it each warmth and taste.
Is Cajun seasoning actually spicy?
I’ve discovered that spice degree is relative relying in your private tolerance, however Cajun seasoning typically could have some warmth to it nevertheless it’s not going to be extraordinarily scorching – like say a jerk seasoning. The good factor about making your personal at house is you could modify to warmth to your choice and luxuriate in all that taste, whereas protecting it child pleasant if your loved ones doesn’t take pleasure in overtly spicy meals.
What’s it used for?
It may be used for lots of issues however here’s a temporary checklist of concepts:
- Spice rub for meat, hen or fish previous to cooking
- Add it to mayonnaise & bitter cream with slightly lemon juice and sweetener for a dipping sauce
- Combine it with slightly sweetener and rim your glass with it for Bloody Mary’s
- Season floor beef with it for a fast taco meat
- Add it to soups, stews and chilis for an additional kick.
- For those who’re not consuming low carb you may sprinkle it on popcorn
- Toss it with some shrimp and olive oil and roast them within the oven for a fast appetizer.
Recipes utilizing Cajun seasoning
Keto Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
Low Carb Cajun Salmon Patties
Cajun Hen Pasta – Low Carb & Gluten Free
Straightforward Cajun Roasted Hen
Keto Jambalaya – by Forged Iron Keto
This Cajun Seasoning recipe omits the everyday white pepper as a result of it’s not a standard ingredient for most individuals, and I don’t assume there’s a enormous distinction within the taste. If you wish to be really genuine, you may add 1 teaspoon of floor white pepper to this spice combination.
I additionally don’t use thyme in my model, as a result of too many herbs pushes this into Creole seasoning territory and I’m attempting to maintain it as genuine as doable (minus the white pepper as talked about above.)
Whole Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 15 servings 1x
Weight loss plan: Gluten Free
This selfmade Cajun Seasoning provides a pleasant kick to hen, seafood, pork, and greens, in addition to soups, stews, chilis and sauces!
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika (smoked if in case you have it however in any other case common is okay)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (much less should you don’t take pleasure in spicy meals)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon floor black pepper
- Place the entire components in a small bowl and blend properly.
- Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 6 months
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 0 minutes
- Class: condiments and spices
- Technique: mixing
- Delicacies: Cajun
- Serving Measurement: 1 teaspoon
- Energy: 6
- Sugar: 0g
- Fats: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Key phrases: Do-it-yourself Cajun Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning Recipe